These are the things frugal and not that we did today:
– With the guidelines to stay home another month because of the coronavirus, I figure the grocery stores will get stripped again this weekend. So I decided to place a large pickup order. Because the Instacart people walked out in various places, I was not able to place a pickup or delivery order at my local chain grocery store. That just leaves us with Super Walmart pickup. I had not been able to get a slot for a Walmart pickup for the last 2 and 1/2 weeks. So I tried a few times yesterday and was finally able to get one. This morning I picked up an order of things like fresh produce, dairy, a boneless ham, some bread products for Hubby, and some other things. No one seems to have flour and I am very low. I would rather bake bread but was happy to be able to get some bread. I think we now have enough for the month of April. If I forgot something, my neighbor will pick it up for me. I don’t mind them getting a little something when I need it but I don’t want them to have to shop for a large order for me especially when stores have limits.
– I unbagged everything in the garage, wiped the items down with disinfectant, and brought them into the house to sit on our game table for a few days before I put them away. Only exception was the frozen items that needed to go in the freezer. Then I disinfected the car(steering wheel and signals, gear shifter, door handles, etc) and disinfected the doorknob that I used to come in the house and threw the box that I had the pickup guy put everything in into the recyclable bin. My hands were washed really well a number of times and the counters in the kitchen were sprayed and I let them dry. I will do the same to the table when I move the items into pantries. I know how infectious this disease is and I am very, very careful.
– Hubby wanted deli meats and Walmart had none available except the ones you have sliced at the deli. I did not want to get those for many reasons. So I bought a boneless ham that we sliced on our meat slicer. Some was put in the fridge and the rest in packages in the freezer to use a package at a time. It isn’t the variety that he would have liked but he does love ham.
– I spring cleaned a guest bedroom today. I even did the windows on the inside. I was happy to get all of the dust off the ceiling fan.
– Hubby and I had dentist appointments scheduled for the beginning of April which weren’t going to happen. The office manager called and rescheduled us for mid May. Let’s hope that we will be able to do that. Our dental plan was for just one year and is up in June so we need to get this done. Time will tell.
– When I was spring cleaning I found the above. Do you remember the Slob Sisters? I think I got this back in the 80’s. It’s a cleaning and organizing system. It’s very old school! I think I will listen to the tapes starting tomorrow while I am on the treadmill. I am not sure that we even own a VCR anymore. Then I will either sell it or give it away.
– Meals today were our choice of coffee cake, eggs, and/or bacon for breakfast. We ate no lunch. Hubby will be grilling filet mignons in the air fryer oven. I bought a whole filet at the end of the summer for either $ 5.99 or $6.99 a lb. We sliced it up so that we would have a number of meals. If you have never done a nice steak in the air fryer, you are missing out. They are delicious. Hubby will have a salad with his and I will have brussel sprouts left from dinner last night.
– I got my exercise on the bike for 30 minutes.
– The sun is finally coming out after a few days of rain. I am hoping it stays out for a few days. It’s so much nicer spring cleaning with the sun shining.
– Hubby watched some “Manifest” shows. He also loves the show ” Home Town” which he has been binge watching. I think he is enjoying the scenery of the city of Laurel, Mississippi. That is where his father was born.
After I got done cleaning, I took a much needed nap.
That is it for today. What did you do today which was frugal or not? Please feel free to tell us in the comments.