The things we have done frugally today:
– Hubby made a huge crock pot of chili on Saturday which is why we needed the onions that our neighbor got us when they shopped. I have not eaten rice in over 13 months. Hubby made a pot of it in the pressure cooker and I decided I would have some. I just put a thin layer under my chili. It really did not taste that good to me. So last night I had and will tonight have riced cauliflower under it. Yummy! We will freeze most of the leftovers for future meals after dinner tonight. I will leave a small container of chili in the fridge to put on hot dogs one night. I had had a can of chili on my grocery delivery order but it was out of stock. Hubby’s chili on the hot dogs will be so delicious.
– Hubby was craving something sweet so I made a cinnamon coffee cake today. He was so happy to have some for breakfast with his coffee. I had 1/2 an avocado and some scrambled eggs.
-I washed a load of towels in hot water using laundry sanitizer. This is something I have been doing every day. At the end of each day, I collect them from all of the bathrooms and the kitchen.
– I cleaned all of our kitchen counters, cabinet knobs, bathrooms, light switches, door handles, alarm panels, door locks, computer keyboards and telephones with disinfectant. I do this daily.
– Since I have so much time on my hands these days, I have been using some of it to update my price book so that when this crisis is over I have accurate prices to know when something is a good deal or not. I have been doing this by using our ads every Sunday. This price book fits nicely in my handbag, so when I shop I always have it with me.
– Hubby has been binge watching movies, mainly the Species series. These kind of movies give me nightmares so I don’t watch them. I have been doing some reading and watching some You Tube videos.
– We have not used the SUV in about 2 weeks. So we still have almost a full tank. Staying home is a huge savings in gasoline and not spending except for food is too.
– Our town assessor has been busy though reassessing us all again. This time they only raised us $ 17,000. However they have raised us $ 67,500. since 2015. So this year we are considering fighting the new assessment. I may be calling some realtors to come out and give us the price that we could sell this house for so that I have some comparisons.
– I have been doing my daily exercising in the house because it is so important to stay as fit as I can during this virus outbreak. Here I am fast walking on my treadmill on my way to those 30 minutes. I have to learn to take a video instead of a photo so that it isn’t blurry. We have also been taking all of our daily vitamins and supplements.
– I finally sat down mid afternoon with Hubby and watched the movie “Total Recall”. Spectrum who is our cable provider gave it’s customers free Showtime and Epix for a month during this virus. We are taking full advantage of it.
– It is in the 60’s here today so as soon as we eat dinner, we are going to sit out in the yard for a bit.
I hope you all are having a nice frugal day. What did you do frugally today? I would love to know.