These are the things we have done frugally today:
– Since I am an early riser, I made this first thing this morning for our snacks this week. It is sugar free raspberry jello which is easy. This is 2 packages and it will last us quite a few days. We put sugar free Cool Whip on it or not depending on our mood.
– I wanted to show you how we froze the chili last night. I have a stack of these reusable freezer to microwave covered bowls that I put leftovers in. It may be meat like the chili or leftovers that make a meal for one of us. The chili bowls have enough for a meal for two of us. So this will be two meals worth of chili. If we have a little meat, potatoes, rice, or steamed veggies leftover then I will make a frozen type dinner. When I have a few of them, we will pull two out for dinner depending on what each of us wants to eat that night. We waste nothing in this household. If you wonder what you can freeze for a meal, take a look in the freezer cases when you shop. If they can freeze it, you can freeze it.
– I had forgotten to enter my grocery delivery order on Fetch so I did that before it was too late.
– We had no cooked bacon so I cooked a package in the oven. We don’t buy cooked bacon because it is so easy to do it yourself. We under cook it all because we put it in the fridge to heat up for breakfasts. That way when we heat it in the microwave each morning we can each cook it to the crispiness we like without overcooking it. I use foil instead of parchment paper because it keeps the pan cleaner and when the grease congeals, I can just roll up the foil and throw it out. Then the pan easily cleans up with some soap and water.
– Our mail today brought us a nice package of coupons from Frito Lay. Last week Hubby opened a package of Poppables and they looked very dark and tasted awful. I called Frito Lay to ask what it was and they said they were burnt. They apologized and sent two Free coupons for any product and 2 coupons for $ 1.00 off a product.
– I did both the treadmill and the bike today for 30 minutes each. I am so glad that we quit the YMCA because it is so convenient to do this at home. It has saved us $48. a month.
– I washed two loads of laundry today using laundry sanitizer in the wash and the dryer balls in the dryer.
– Dinner tonight was hot dogs with Hubby’s homemade chili. Hubby likes his on buns with some melted cheese on top. I like mine bunless with some brussel sprouts on the side.
– Entertainment tonight will be a movie on showtime.
That’s it for frugality today. Please share with us what you did frugally today.
7 replies on “Frugal Things March 30”
It hurts for me to stand long enough to cook bacon any method.
Could you sit while you put the bacon on the pan and then sit until the oven is up to temperature. Put the bacon in and set the timer for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Check it when the timer goes off and either take it out or set a few more minutes. I find this the easiest way.
-I ate leftovers for breakfast & lunch, my husband had leftovers as well for lunch. Leftovers for dinner as well (keto pesto chicken casserole over spinach).
-No driving or leaving the house (short of walking)
-Trimming our own trees. (We've never had a yard service, so we're not avoiding paying anyone who we've worked with). I have about 10 yard waste bins worth of limbs I've cut. Exercise, and making use of time.
-Listed items on eBay
-Meditated for free on Headspace (we have a free subscription via work)
Yum on that casserole dish. We used to trim our trees and bushes too but it got too hard for Hubby to do a couple of years ago so we hire the landscape service. I wish we could still do it but that is why we saved for retirement so that we could hire people if needed. I love your list.
What a fantastic way to cook bacon! I tried it in the oven once, but hated the pan clean up…never thought to line the silly pan with aluminum. I will try this today as we are having breakfast for dinner. Frugal things for us was that I cleaned up my succulents and was able to plant quite a few new ones using the thinned out ones. I called my friend who wants the new plants…when we can finally see her I will be able to share the succulents! My kids are going through all the cookies I can make, so like you, I woke up early today to make them some cookies. They love them, and it makes a nice treat after they finish up their school work. Do you add a sanitizer to the laundry or do you have that as an optional cycle? I want to start sanitizing our towels (I change them out every day but wonder if I should be adding something to really clean them). Hope you are doing well!
Enjoy your bacon. We so miss our friends too. What a nice gift for your friend. I love the smell of cookies baking.
I add the sanitizer to the wash. I just use hot water with that and a little liquid detergent.If the towels shrink, I don't care. They are very old so they are replaceable if they do. I am well. Stay healthy and safe my friend.
This is exactly how we cook bacon as well and I get to bring it to work and have it every day. I also make SF Jello but put it in small Pyrex rounds and top with Cool Whip.