These are the things we did to save a little money this week:
- Spectrum sent us a copy of a bill to show us that they credited us for the 11 days that we were without ESPN and some other channels because of the dispute. They gave us a credit of $6.00. Since they didn’t take our monthly payment out of our bank account until Sept. 17th, they wanted to let us know that the credit came off of that payment. That’s $ .54 a day. Could they spare it for leaving us without NFL football? Since our cable bill is $ 80.97 + taxes, fees, and other charges monthly, it doesn’t seem like much. However as I have said before the little amounts of money add up.
- I mailed in $ 15.00 worth of liquor rebates. I had stocked up for the winter.
- Big Lots sent me a $10.00 off coupon with no minimum purchase because I hadn’t shopped there in a while. I used it to buy needed dish towels to replace some old worn ones. I cut up the old ones for rags.
- The landscapers moved two rose of sharon bushes to our new garden. We had paid for this the last time they were here. They didn’t do it then because the bushes were still blooming.
- We ate all our meals cooked at home using the most efficient small appliances.
- Hubby exercised by walking and taking care of our gardens.
- I exercised on the recumbent bike and did a lot of errands just walking around some stores.
- We got our senior flu shots. These are paid for by Medicare that we paid into for years while we both worked.
- We got 4 free Covid tests from the government. If you haven’t signed up for the ones they just sent to USPS to deliver, you can sign up at www.covid.gov/tests .
- I did 2 loads of laundry this week on Eco setting in cold water. I dried one load in the dryer and hung one load.
- We turned our heat off a few days ago but then had to run the A/C for a day and a half because it was so hot. Now it is turning cold and winter will be here soon enough. We will see how long we can go without the heat this week.
- Hubby found about a hundred wasps trying to build a nest in our patio umbrella. He killed them with some wasp spray. I hate any kind of stinging insects. Thank God he didn’t get stung.
- We have turned off our water faucets that have the turn offs in the basement for the winter.
- We took out another large CD this week at the bank.
That is it for last week. Did you do any frugal things that saved some money last week? Please feel free to share with all of us.