I have some time today to finish the hundred things. Here they are:
68. We use newspapers, pine cones from our own pines, and scrap wood from the contractors building homes to have nice fires in our outdoor fireplace.
69. The few veggies we grow in containers on the patio we start from seed.
70. I make my own window cleaner which I have just done. We will be doing windows here soon.
71. We make our own lens cleaner for our glasses.
72. If it is free after coupon and it is a product that we need and can stockpile, I will get it.
73. I buy security envelopes, some cosmetics, organizing bins, foil pans, and greeting cards exclusively at the Dollar Tree.
74. We pay cash for everything including our homes, automobiles, furniture, and any other large item we need.
75. If we charge anything, we pay it in full when the bill is due.
76. We don’t like signing up for clubs or things that we have to pay for month after month. We just cancelled our Netflix because it wasn’t cost efficient.
77. I meal plan from my stockpile which saves us a lot of money each month.
78. I baked a ham for Easter dinner. Because my son was coming for a few days, I did not have time to make my usual bean soup. So I froze the ham bone along with some ham. I will make the soup later this week. That will give us at least 5 meals.
79. Prescriptions are very costly. So I have managed to become healthy enough to get off 4 drugs and I just had one cut in half. I will be happy when I can get off of them all.
80. I wanted a treat while I was out running errands the other day. Instead of using cash to purchase something, I used a Free Coupon for an ice cream cone at Anderson’s.
81. I made red beans and rice from our stockpiled rice and dry beans for dinner one night. I just soaked the beans overnight before I cooked them. This is a very cheap meal and is delicious.
82. I browsed Goodwill while I was out the other day. I saw nothing that we needed. I do this every month or so.
83. I went to Aldi’s to get my produce and was I ever in for a surprise. Aldi’s is empty and they are jack hammering the entire parking lot. I have written Aldi’s to find out what is going on. Why did they leave? The next Aldi’s is miles and miles from me. So I purchased some lettuce and a cucumber from Super Walmart.
84. We have tried a few Pinterest sheet pan meals. Hubby loves them.
85. I have been putting together different spring outfits. This affirmed my decision to not buy any new clothes this season.
86. As soon as the heat can go off, I will change the air filter and get it ready for A/C season. While the heat or A/C is on, we change the filters when they need it. This saves energy.
87. I really want a solar oven. We get a lot of sunny days in this area. So this would be very cost effective. I am researching the best one and then will look for the best price.
88. I always get rainchecks when something is on sale and out of stock. That also gives me time to find more coupons.
89. I always run my errands in a circle to save on gas.
90. We rarely buy clothing that needs to be dry cleaned. Dry cleaning adds to the cost of the item.
91. I have already started planning our Christmas gifts. This gives us time to find items on sale.
92. I reuse plastic bags, ziplocs, brown paper bags, glass jars and 2 liter bottles. I store water in the 2 liter bottles. Even though I am not returning them for the bottle deposit of $.05, I am saving by not buying water.
93. I buy clearanced meat when I can find it. Our stores do not mark down very often.
94. We use every last bit out of toothpaste tubes, ketchup bottles, mustard bottles, lotions bottle etc.
95. I save our soap bar scraps and boil them down to make liquid soap.
96. I save day old bread and all end crusts for bread crumbs.
97. I save bits and pieces of leftover veggies, rice, pasta, and meat in a bag in my freezer to make soup.
98. We are experimenting with making our coffee using a resuable K-cup in our Keurig. I have been trying different grinds and amounts. I am fine tuning so that we know how to get that perfect cup. This will save us a fortune in K cups.
99. I send for free samples whenever I see an offer online.
100. Lastly, I am always looking at ways to make things cheaper and to save a little money here and there. Never stop learning!
Please feel free to let us know if you do any of these things or any others that you could share in comments.