These are the frugal things we have done recently:
– Hubby mowed the lawn himself.
– We took a walk in the yard, scrutinized the outside of the house, and made a list of the minor repairs that need to be done from the winter.
– We sat outside in our front yard seating area to get some fresh air since it was so beautiful here on Saturday. A few neighbors came by and chatted from a distance.
– We watched the NFL draft.
– We picked out an area that we are going to plant crocus bulbs in the fall.
– I finally was able to get a slot for another Walmart pickup this week.
– We continue to cook every meal at home. I cooked a turkey breast yesterday that will give us many meals. We had taco salads, filet mignon, and chicken stir fry this week too. Breakfasts continue to be eggs and bacon or sausage.
– We received our electric and gas bill online. It was $ 172. It was higher than last year but it was much colder for the month plus I have been doing extra laundry because we wash a load of towels every night. I also seem to be running the dishwasher more often.
– Hubby washed the floor in the garage to get all the dirt up from the winter. It was so easy this year because we had the floor epoxied this past October.
– I rearranged my freezer again to make more room.
– Hubby and I have been watching a lot of movies on Amazon Prime so we are very happy that there will be new ones starting May 1st.
– I watched about 10 You Tube videos on how to cut Hubby’s hair. It is so long that he can’t stand it anymore. So now I just have to get up my nerve to do it.
– I have been keeping a close eye on produce so that none of it gets wasted. We eat a lot of salad with our meals.
– We aren’t using any gasoline because we rarely get in the car except to do a pickup or go to the drugstore. BTW, Hubby ordered a prescription a few days ago and the drugstore is having trouble getting it. So we are hoping they get it soon or we will have to have his doctor order something different.
That is all we have been doing frugally. Please share what you have been doing.