These are the things we have done frugally this past week:
– On the way home from the hair salon, I stopped at Aldi for 6 more pounds of butter at the rock bottom price of $ 1.99 a lb. It was on my route so I didn’t make a special trip. I now have enough to last us one year.
– I filled up the SUV using $ .40 off a gallon that I earned shopping at Top’s.
– We raided my gift closet for Christmas gifts for my hairdresser, the mailman, the UPS man, and the Fed Ex man. These were gifts that I knew they would enjoy and that I had purchased during the year at sale prices. I wrapped them in paper that I purchased on an after Christmas sale over 4 years ago. The cards to go with them were purchased then also.
– My hairdresser gave me the above hair products as a little Christmas gift. I was thrilled because I buy these products.
– We have a wine shelf in our pantry. It is pretty full right now of unopened bottles of wine. Drinking wine is not on our diet. So I am gifting a bottle of that wine to our host and hostess at the Christmas party that we are going to. I had purchased gift bags for bottles last year, so I grabbed one to put the wine in.
– For those that don’t know, Jordan’s Skinny Syrups has Keto Skinny Syrups now. You can find them here:
Keto Skinny Syrups . This is my referral link. If you place an order, you get $5.00 off your first order. You can also get free bottles by signing up for their newsletters. They give you codes once in awhile to do that. I have gotten a number of free bottles.
– I did 3 loads of wash one after the other. Two loads got put in the dryer with my wool balls. One load got hung. I used cold water.
– I stopped today also at Dollar Tree to pick up some more wrapping paper. They had rolls at my store that were a dark green plaid in the Christmas bins that could be used all year to wrap gifts. I already had 3 rolls but I picked up 7 more rolls today. I was not taking the chance that they would be gone when things go to 50% off. When you shop look for rolls like that that can be used all year round.
– I have already started a savings fund for next year for a very major expense that we are going to have. We are tightening our belts! More on that when I post my goals.
That is about it for this week. What have you done frugally this past week?
14 replies on “Frugal Things This Past Week”
I have a question about the wool dryer balls – I just got my first set, but my clothes are very staticky and they don't seem to be cutting down my drying time. (although they do make my clothing soft!) Am I doing something wrong?
My dryer time has been cut by over 30%. All I can tell you is that I use 6 wool balls. Are you using softener sheets? They don't work with those.
Sounds like you had a frugal week! My Aldi has put a limit on the number of butters you can buy at one time…..4
Ours has had a limit of 6 since before Thanksgiving. I kept waiting for them to limit it further figuring they might start running short and they never did. I have all I need now.
Our belts are going to be so tight we might pop!
You made me laugh!
Do you use all 6 balls drying a single load in the dryer? Penny S.
What if your allergic to wool? Do you think it would have the same itch affect I get from wool.
I have no idea but I would not chance it. I think they make rubber balls for the dryer. Check on amazon.
Thank you had no idea they made rubber balls for dryer. Enjoy your site so much learn alot from it. Joyce Pa
Glad I could help!
I want to used the wool dryer balls, but all I find are made in China–no way! Maybe Pinterest has some I trust. I always buy my year-round wrapping paper at Christmas and reduced. Curly ribbon in the right colors can be found on sale, too. Once again, I found a great paper for a guy gift, but at a yard sale.
Would these help you out? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081ZFJ6XY/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFINFgwOFRZNlA2NTgmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxMjc3NjUzVkZRVEtXMldQUDBTJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3NzE1MjIzMkpWWUNSNVhFREswJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfaHFwX3NoYXJlZCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=