These are the things we have done frugally this past week:
– We watched fireworks from our home. Neighbors at different ends of our street put on quite a show with lots of big stuff. We didn’t have to drive and use gasoline to go anywhere.
– We cooked at home from scratch every night.
– I got another free $5.00 Amazon gift card. I used that gift card to defray the cost of 3 ounces of organic stevia.
– Even though we paid for mulch through the landscape company a few weeks ago, Hubby had to go and buy 5 bags to replace what got dug up with the tree. This will give us extra as needed. He purchased it on sale for a total of $10. at Home Depot.
– I went to the YMCA and exercised 3 days last week. I have also been doing a lot of walking.
– I purchased some more boneless chicken breasts at Aldi’s for $ 1.49 a lb.
– I purchased salmon fillets for a sale price of $10.99 a lb. at Top’s. I love salmon and this is a good price here.
– We were rebated $19.68 in credit card reward points.
– We celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary with a home cooked meal.
– We do not exchange gifts on our anniversary. But I did give Hubby a card and made a carrot cake for him.
– I collected warmup water from our shower and used it to water our hanging baskets.
– I read my library books in 2 and 1/2 days and returned them. Cheap entertainment!
– We have been using up free toiletries that have been just hanging around here.
– We continue to cut our electric and natural gas bill as much as we can.
– Scanned the grocery receipts into Fetch for rebate points.
– Returned Hubby’s soda bottles and cans for $ 1.25.
– DIY: We had some squeaky hinges on some of our doors. Hubby oiled them all. Now when I get up at 4 in the morning, I won’t wake Hubby up.
Feel free to leave a comment and share what you did frugally this past week.