These are the things we have done frugally:
- We have stayed home since Hubby injured his foot. Since he did not want to go to an emergency room or urgent care, I did some research and spoke with a medical person. We came to the conclusion that he either has a minor fracture or a tendon injury. I have made him rest his foot and wear his orthotics in his shoes when he does have to move around the house. Ice and ibuprofen are on the agenda too. This is what a doctor would have told him to do. It is slowly but surely getting better each day.
- I received a free $10.00 Amazon gift card.
- I mailed a Christmas gift to my sister using my 5% discount at UPS. I reused Amazon packaging for it.
- I wrote and mailed 27 Christmas cards using cards I purchased cheap after Christmas a few years ago. I will need to buy some more Christmas cards this year at the after Christmas sales.
- I used Forever stamps that I purchased a few years ago for the cards.
- We have cooked all of our own meals. No takeout.
- We received a $100. gift card for Christmas last year for our favorite restaurant. It expires on Christmas this year. So it looks like we will have to order takeout or waste the card. I have to figure out how to keep the food hot while I am bringing it home. We live quite a distance from the restaurant.
- I ordered some household items from Amazon and got $10.00 off my $40.00 order.
- I have done quite a bit of wash lately using the HE’s. Everything was hung to dry except sheets, towels, and blankets. I dried those in the dryer using the wool dryer balls.
- I made Hubby an apple pie because he was craving it and I have been spoiling him while his foot is healing.
- I made a new tuna casserole that Hubby loved. I have also made macaroni bacon goulash, shrimp cocktails, Buffalo chicken wings, NY strip steaks, loaded hamburger nachos, stir fry chicken, and turkey soup for recent dinners.
- We have been rotating the food in our pantry using the oldest first. I have also been keeping the inventory list up to date.
- I ordered a Walmart + order to be delivered.
- We have been keeping the heat at 68 during the daytime and 64 at night.
Feel free to share in comments what you have done frugally recently.
6 replies on “Frugal Things We Have Done The Past Couple of Weeks”
Hi AD. We have mostly been home. Hubby’s recovery is going well. I am mostly just going to get groceries. Daughter and I are going to hit Costco today. I am going to buy some extra of the things we get there so I don’t have to go back until March hopefully. We ordered picture Christmas cards but they haven’t come in yet. We usually send every other year since we send over 100. We have lived in several places through the years and have family and friends all over the world.
I sent you an email recently, please check you spam. LOL!
Hi Chris, I am so glad that your Hubby is doing well. We are home too. Trying to keep busy here. I will check my spam.
Closed on our house and using the proceeds to pay off the bills from the remodel, anything extra will go to savings
We ordered take out 2x to support friends that own restaurants
Sent back Comcast equipment and an Amazon return
Using Apple TV that we bought years ago and splitting the Dish Bill with MIL, TV for 32.00/mo
It is great to hear from you! Yeah on the closing and building your savings. I love that you are supporting your friends businesses. If things get much worse here and they close down again, we will be doing the same. What a great plan you figured out for cable.
I recycled a microwave that I found in the breakroom just needed a good cleaning so I did and now it sits in my office. Tucked the reimbursement check away from the trailer that was stolen so he can buy a new one someday. Bought a new fridge but used coupon codes and Swagbucks to cut down the cost a little.
I love that you saved that microwave and that it is useful for you. Yeah on the fridge!