These are the frugal things we have done the past week or so:
– Hubby needed replacement brush heads for his electric toothbrush. He had a $5.00 rebate form for buying them. I found that they cost the same amount on Amazon and Walmart. They never seem to go on sale. So I spent the $19.78 to have them delivered via my Amazon Prime. I mailed in the $ 5.00 rebate form today. When we need something, we always try to get a rebate on it.
– For 11 days, I skipped the monthly grocery shopping. We had plenty of food to choose from our main pantries and refrigerator/freezer.
– I ordered a Christmas gift for a person who will love it. I got it $10.00 off. It’s never too early to start looking for sales on Christmas gifts.
– I washed and dried our SUV in our driveway. I also cleaned the entire inside. Our car is like new with only 34,000. miles and it is over 13 years old.
– I washed our clothes and West’s clothes using cold water detergent and Lysol sanitizer. I hung most of them to dry. I used the wool dryer balls for the ones I dried in the dryer. Those balls cut many minutes off the dryer time plus you don’t use dryer sheets.
– Our electric and natural gas bill came for the past month. We used less KWH and the same natural gas but the bill was $4.00 higher than last year. I was curious to know why so I looked at both bills. It looks like there was a rate increase. I guess I am going to have to really concentrate on lowering these bills again.
– I cooked most meals from scratch. We did do take out from KFC.
– I picked up two more free frosting buckets for storage from Top’s.
– Both Hubby and West want ramen noodles for dinner tonight. I don’t understand why they like them so much. I will not be eating them. YUCK!
– I got a free rotisserie chicken at Top’s yesterday.
– I have spent a lot of time training West to turn the lights and TV off in his room. He is always leaving them on when he is not in there.
– We have spent many days playing board games. That is frugal entertainment and lots of fun.
– Even with West here, I have been getting my exercise in on the treadmill.
– The toothbrush heads arrived so I filled out the $5.00 rebate and mailed it in.
– We have been using the automatic timer on the sprinkler system to water the lawn all summer. No water wasted because we forget to turn it off.
What have you done frugally the past week or so?