These are the things we have done frugally the past week:
– We cooked outside on our grill every night except two. The weather has been just beautiful.
– I made homemade spaghetti sauce and Italian sausage in our pressure cooker. The pressure cooker is so much more energy efficient than the most energy efficient slow cooker.
– The meal above was for two dinners. Cook once eat twice is the way I like to plan.
– Hubby fertilized all of our flowers and bushes with fertilizer that we have had for years. I bought a large bag years ago.
– I was able finally to get more Lysol Laundry Sanitizer. Amazon finally had it in stock so I got two.
– We ordered some extra cloth masks on Amazon. We have enough now so that I don’t have to wash but once a week.
– My surgical masks that I ordered 6 weeks ago finally came. I wasn’t sure we were going to get them.
– I weeded our patio pots in case we want to plant tomatoes and peppers this year. I don’t know when the nursery will open so that I can get plants. Perhaps if my son goes to Niagara Produce again he can check to see if they sell veggie plants.
– I cut chives from our garden and made some chive and onion cream cheese. I love it with celery.
– We realized before Hubby used the grill that there was a leak when he hooked the tank up to the grill. So he took the part off and is going to try to repair it or get a new one. We have been using the grill without this part for the time being.
– I am hoping our bank will reopen in a week. I have a lot of checks to deposit.
– We have been spending a lot of time in the backyard just enjoying the sun and heat and our flowering tree the past few days. We enjoyed a fire in the fireplace last weekend when my son and grandson came. We went from winter to summer here in a matter of days. I turned the heat off on Tuesday. Yesterday it was 78.
– I spent a lot of time looking over our budget for the year. I always look at it around May or June to see if it needs an adjustment. Then I look over the past 5 years or so to see where we have been so that I know where we are going.
– While looking at it, I realized that our gas and electric bills have taken quite a dive since 2015. We were spending close to $2000. a year back then. We are now spending about $1580. a year. Paying attention to conservation really does keep money in our pocket.
– I added water to disinfectant concentrate to refill our spray bottle.
– I made another bottle of eyeglass cleaner from alcohol and water.
– For entertainment, we have been watching movies on Amazon Prime, reading, doing a jigsaw puzzle, and watching car races when they are on.
What did you do frugally this past week?