These are the things we have done frugally this past week:
– I filled the gasoline tank on the SUV using points to get $.20 off per gallon.
– I washed two load of clothes and towels in the HE washer using minimal detergent. I dried the towels in the dryer using our wool balls (less drying time). I hung the clothing to dry. Only one piece of clothing needed to be ironed.
– I cooked all meals at home. We had homemade pizza, 3 nights of chuck roast with gravy( potatoes for Hubby and broccoli for me), SF BBQ Chicken with and Italian tossed salad, Teriyaki Chicken with Green Beans, and Taco salads.
– Hubby snow blowed 11.5 inches of snow. This is one job that we don’t have to hire someone to do.
– My sister called and we spent some quality time catching up on things. That was priceless.
– Hubby’s sister called and caught things up with him. That also was priceless.
– All of our Christmas shopping is done and wrapped and paid for with cash.
– I told you that I was looking for a new tablet. I had been checking the Black Friday deals. However, I found one on the best deal ever. I ordered a Samsung Tablet which not only had a great price of $201.99 but I got a Free $50.00 gift card for ordering it. That $50.00 will be used in the future for something we need.
– I baked some brownies because West is coming to visit.
– I quickly vacuumed the car since we had salty and sandy boots in it this week. I like to keep the car as new as possible.
– I was able to get off another drug which will save us $40. a year.
– I got 4 free books on Amazon Prime sent to my Kindle.
– I have been using the recumbent bike and the treadmill(which we managed to fix ourselves) to get my exercise this week. It is too cold and icy to walk outside.
– I watched some You Tube shows while exercising. I love learning new things.
– We not only watch food portion sizes but we watch household goods portion sizes. By that I mean, we don’t use any more shampoo than we need to wash our hair. We have found that a quarter size bit of shampoo is perfect for washing our hair. Using more would be a waste. We use just the right amount of dish liquid for the size of the job we are doing. We are mindful of these things and others like toothpaste, lotion, moisturizer, etc.
– We have been working on a 750 piece jigsaw puzzle for entertainment.
– I have been planning our meals out of our fridge and freezers. We had ZERO waste this week. Throwing food out is a huge money waster.
That is it for this week. Comment and share what you did frugally this week. We would love to know.