These are the things that we have done frugally this past week:
– I used a $5.00 off coupon to get Hubby’s and my winter coats dry cleaned.
– I received a $3.00 rebate in the mail.
– I cashed in my Ibotta rebates for a $10.00 Walmart gift card.
-I received a $5.00 Walmart gift card from Bing.
– I washed two loads of clothing and towels in cold water in the HE using the crystal eggs to wash;Hung the clothing to dry and used the dryer with the wool balls for the towels to cut down on the drying time needed.
– Grocery shopping was done for just needed items this week. I did no stockpiling there.
– We have been grilling our meat outside to use up the propane. We don’t like storing it over the winter.
– I washed some windows on the outsides using a bucket of water, vinegar, a little dishwasher soap and our squeegee.
– Hubby trimmed the rose bushes and transplanted a bush to a front yard garden.
– I renewed my library card and took out one book to read.
– Hubby continues to get everything off the garage floor to get ready for the work that is going to be done on it in mid-October.
– I stocked up on toilet paper and garbage bags at great prices from Amazon.
– Entertainment this week: We had company for dinner last Tuesday evening. We had family watch the Bills game with us on Sunday. My son bought us an early take out dinner that afternoon.
– The A/C has stayed off and we have not turned on the heat even though it has gotten cold a few nights.
– I soaked the apples I purchased in a solution of 1 Tbsp. of baking soda and 6 cups of water for about 15 minutes, rinsed them well, and dried them. Studies have shown that this removes most of the pesticides. I don’t purchase rinse to do this.
– I filled up two 2 ltr. bottles(from Hubby’s Diet Coke) with tap water to add to my water stockpile.
– I returned a bag of cans and bottles to Fast Cash and got $2.60 in deposit returns.
– Picked up a 90 day prescription that had no co-pay.
– I am continuing to save plastic grocery store bags to stockpile for my wastebasket disposal. It won’t be long before our state’s ban goes into effect.
– With the colder weather kicking in my arthritis is starting to bother me, so I soaked in the bathtub in epsom salts which always makes me feel better. I added epsom salts to my errand list because I am getting low.
– We will use the leftover turkey taco meat for taco salads again tonight. We love these and don’t mind eating them two nights in a row. Waste not, want not!
What have you done frugally this past week? Please share so that we can all teach each other.