We wish you and your families a Happy New Year. Here is to a happy, healthy and wealthy 2019 for all of you!
I have already touched on a number of goals for 2019. They are listed here with the link to the post about them:
– Buy as much food on clearance as possible:Clearance Shopping
– Buy less sweets and junk food:Less Sweets and Junk Food
– Save Money for Christmas Gifts: Christmas Shopping
– Reuse All Plastic Bags: Plastic Bags
– Make 99% Of Our Bread: Bread
We still buy our bagels at Panera Bread on discount Tuesdays using gift cards that we purchased on discount almost 3 years ago. So that is why I say 99%.
I rarely make a lot of goals because like everyone else a lot of them don’t get kept. But I am challenging myself this year to keep them. So here is the rest of them for 2019:
– Boost our savings rate which will boost our net worth. We want this to be our biggest savings rate year ever because we have a “secret” goal that we are working towards.
– Go to the gym on average 3 times a week.
– Lose weight by going to the gym and watching our food intake. I am aiming to get off some more of the prescription medications that I am on. I have already gotten off of 4 drugs.
– I have never been a gamer. But the last couple of years, I have gotten hooked on the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Every other day, I do a 30 Game Challenge as fast as I can to see how I score against hundreds of thousands of people a day. I usually score between 17th and 50th depending on the day. It has been very addictive. I no longer want to waste my time on something so unproductive. It just takes up too much of my time. So as of January 1st- no more Solitaire games. My time can be better spent on other activities.
– Get rid of 100% of the clutter, mainly in our basement and garage, in preparation for our next move. Even though it is containerized, it’s still clutter because a lot of it is not being used.
– Project Photos: These days we take digital pictures and Hubby has them well organized into albums. However we have boxes of photos from past years sitting in baskets and boxes. This is the year that I am going to organize them using these that I purchased on Amazon . I will organize them by family members, dates, trips, etc. I had planned on organizing them almost 9 years ago when we moved from AZ to NY. They still aren’t done. 2019 is the year it will get done!
– Spend no more than $300. per month on food. With the use of sales and coupons, my price book, my stockpile, my freezer, no waste, clearance foods, and doing 70% of my shopping at Aldi’s and Super Walmart, it is very doable. The other 30% will be for meat which will be bought in a variety of stores.
– I want 2019 to be a calmer year in my life. Hence, I will not be watching any news this year.
It is way too stressful. If there is something that I really need to know, Hubby will tell me.
– Lastly, I have found over the many years that I have been blogging that my best posts are the ones that I really don’t have to think much about. They just are spontaneous. So I will be posting in 2019 when a spontaneous thought comes into my mind and I believe that the post will be helpful.
Please feel free to leave a comment and share your goals with all of us.