Ten things we don’t spend money on:
1) We have never purchased an extended warranty. In 50+ years we have never had anything happen which would have been paid by that warranty. If you research well when you buy something, chances are that it will not fall apart for a long, long time.
2) We do not buy top of the line appliances. We have always purchased mid range and they have served us well.
3) We do not use premium gasoline in our car. 90% of the cars in America do not need premium gas. It is a waste of money if you are putting it in your car and you don’t need it.
4) We don’t rent movies. We have plenty to watch on cable, Amazon Prime, and cheap Hulu: $.99 a month for a year. I went to my first movie in 11 years last summer so that is not something we regularly spend on either.
5) We don’t purchase music and never purchase fiction books. The library has plenty we can borrow.
6) We don’t purchase magazines. We have just one subscription for Hubby and it is a gift to him each year from his son.
7) We don’t buy video games.
8) I won’t spend money at a nail salon. I give manicures and pedicures to myself.
9) We don’t spend money on coffee outside of our home. If we want coffee while driving, we make and bring our own.
10) We have never spent money on bank fees. We do business with a credit union that does not charge us even for their ATM’s.
I am very curious as to what you don’t spend money on. Please leave a comment and share with all of us. Perhaps we can each learn from you.